Previous | Home | Next

Historian Worthington Smith drew this market-day picture of Dunstable crossroads, looking towards High Street South and West Street. It appeared in his book "Dunstable, Its History and Surroundings" published in 1904. The buildings on the corner were demolished in 1910 to allow West Street to be widened. The Rose and Crown Inn, whose sign can be seen towards the left, then became the corner building, "Keep's Corner", now occupied by Taylor's estate agents.